National Bowen Therapy Training Level 1 & 2
The beginning seminar in Bowen Therapy teaches the widely popular Australian Techniques. Over the three-day period, the Basic Bowen moves are presented in a hands-on atmosphere where student participation is encouraged. Emphasis is placed on reading the body and learning how Bowen’s philosophy is individualized with each client. Students receive a manual written by Bowen Therapy Training, Inc. and a 22 hour merit diploma at the end of the class. This is a prerequisite for certification and Advanced Bowen Therapy Training Seminars.
Day One – Bowen History and Philosophy
- Low Back moves which open the energy flow to the lower half of the body.
- Upper thorasic moves which help breathing and digestive issues.
- Neck moves, which tie everything together, are done last.
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tennis Elbow and Carpal Tunnel
- Kidneys, which helps all types of urinary problems
- Asthma and lung moves
- Pelvis, a great lymph drainer and balancer
- Coccyx. This balancer can effect the whole system. This area alone is worth the cost of the whole course.
- Sacrum move, also called the pregnant lady move, resolves a lot of lower back pain issues.
- Breast moves, open up stagnant lymph drainage, helps resolve lumps.
- Hayfever moves, drain sinuses, relieve neck pain.
- TMJ moves, helps jaw issues, stroke and headache issues.
METHODS OF LEARNING:
- Provide students with a complete reference guide for their practice.
- Provide students with a DVD on completion of course.
- Students will have manual with charts and written directions of all information instructed.
- Demonstrations of actual moves provided.
- Students participation required.
- Video of slides of move sequences shown while students practice.
- Specific hands-on guidance with students with difficulties.
- Small groups will be established to practice and encourage participation.
- Students will know the Bowen Move and successfully perform the Bowen Move.
- Students will have knowledge of 17 Bowen Technique Sequences.
- Students will have knowledge of Health Conditions Bowen Sequences Benefit.
- Students will learn techniques that can produce healing of muscle structure or pain.
- Students will know how to release symptoms from injuries, health conditions and stress-related pain.
A hand towel to place the head on when using a massage table.
TYPES OF CLOTHING:
Comfortable, loose clothing required. Shorts and a sports-bra are recommended for women.